Big Lake Youth Camp rents facilities to the public mid-September to mid-November and mid-December through the first weekend in April. Big Lake does not rent to the public April-August because we run our own summer camp program. Big Lake is currently accepting reservations for the 2016-2017 season. Visit our online rental page to check availability and make your reservation. Please email our Associate Camp Director, Arthur Ordelheide, at email@example.com if you have any questions.
From November 15 through April 30, Big Lake Youth Camp provides transportation in and out of camp by Sno-cat. The fee for a sno-cate ride is $5 per person one way (50 person maximum load). There is a minimum rider for the Sno-Cat of 20 people ($5 per person or $100 minimum fee). If individuals need to be picked up, our camp ranger or associate would use a snowmobile. The cost for a snowmobile pick up is $10 per person one way, or $15 per person round trip. Transportation fees will be added to your final total. To schedule Sno-cat times, please contact our Guest Relations Coordinator, Erinn von Pohle, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 850-3561.
Unfortunately at this time we do not have a chef on staff which means rental groups must provide their own food and do their own cooking. The lodge (cooks for 200 people), headquarters (cooks for 50), and hillside (cooks for 30) all have kitchens. Hilltop (cooks for 6) and the rippling waters apartments (cooks for 4) both have kitchenettes.
Reservation Requirements/Payment and Deposit
To confirm your reservation with Big Lake Youth Camp, a deposit equal to one night’s stay must be made and you must return your signed contract to our office at Camp. You can include a check with your returned contract or you can call our Gladstone Office at (503) 850-3583 to pay with a credit card over the phone. Following your time at Big Lake you will be issued a final itemized invoice. Final payment is due within 30 days. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check, Visa, or MasterCard. Pro-rating building costs is not possible unless prior arrangements have been made.
Written notice (mail or email) to the Big Lake office will be required to cancel an event.
60 days+ notice/full refund of deposit
30-59 days notice/50% refund of deposit
Less than 30 days notice/no refund of deposit
- Your group must have a Certificate of Insurance sent to Big Lake Youth Camp by their insurance company. The certificate must name your group as the insured with “Oregon Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and affiliate entities” named as the additional insured (unless an Oregon Conference Church group).
- Your group must provide an OR licensed doctor and/or nurse or paramedic for the full duration of the camp.
- If using the lake during our Fall season, certified lifeguards must be present. Your group must provide its own lifeguards. All rental groups must follow all Big Lake Youth Camp aquatic policies.
- Your group will be expected to pay for any damages to the property and equipment beyond normal wear and tear, including graffiti. There is a $100 minimum charge for each incident of graffiti. Damage charges include labor and materials.
- Your group must leave the property, including cabins and rental buildings, in a clean condition.
- None of the following are permitted on the property: pets, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, firearms, dangerous knives, fireworks or explosives.
- Smoking is not permitted in camp.
- Your group must adhere to the guidelines Big Lake Youth Camp has stated above, posted on the grounds, or posted in published material.
- Big Lake Youth Camp is not responsible for personal property damages or car theft/vandalism.