Big Lake Youth Camp rents facilities to the public mid-September to mid-November and late December through the first weekend in April. Big Lake is currently accepting reservations for the 2018 season. Visit our online rental page to check availability and make your reservation. PLEASE NOTE: we do not offer credit card services on our reservation system, so make sure to call our office to pay your deposit with credit card. If your group needs to check-in on any other day than a Friday, please call our office at (503) 850-3583 to make your reservation. Otherwise we cannot guarantee you will be able to check-in at your desired time. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
From December through April, Big Lake Youth Camp provides transportation in and out of camp by Sno-cat for rental groups. The fee for a sno-cat ride is $7 per person one way (50 person maximum load). There is a minimum rider for the Sno-Cat of 20 people ($7 per person or $140 minimum fee). If individuals need to be picked up individual snowmobile transportation is available. The cost for a snowmobile pick up is $15 per person one way, or $30 per person round trip. Transportation fees will be added to your final total. To schedule Sno-cat times, please contact our Guest Relations Coordinator, Erinn von Pohle, at email@example.com or (503) 850-3561.
Please note, Big Lake Youth camp operates under a special use permit with the Forest Service which requires all vehicles to park at Ray Benson Sno-park. As such, we strongly encourage all our guests to park at Ray Benson and wait for Big Lake vehicle transportation. Please do not drive in to Big Lake Youth Camp anytime during the winter months (even if the road is clear of snow). The road beyond the snow park is closed to public traffic and violators may be fined.
In certain snow conditions, Sno-Cat transport may not be an option due to safety concerns. If this situation arises, Big Lake will transport the group with the best mode of transportation available for the conditions. The transportation fees do not change if conditions dictate other modes of transportation besides the Sno-Cat.
BLYC does not provide food service, all food and preparation is provided by the group. The lodge (cooks for 200 people), headquarters (cooks for 50), and hillside (cooks for 30) all have kitchens. Hilltop (cooks for 6) and the rippling waters apartments (cooks for 4) both have kitchenettes.
Reservation Requirements/Payment and Deposit
To confirm your reservation with Big Lake Youth Camp, a deposit equal to one night’s stay, and your signed contract must be returned to the Gladstone office You can include a check with your returned contract or call our Gladstone office at (503) 850-3583 to pay with a credit card over the phone. PLEASE NOTE: we do not offer credit card services on our reservation system, so make sure to call our office to pay with credit card. Following your stay at Big Lake you will be issued a final itemized invoice. Final payment is due within 30 days to our Gladstone office. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check, Visa, or MasterCard. Pro-rating building costs is not possible unless prior arrangements have been made.
Written notice (mail or email) to the Big Lake office will be required to cancel an event.
60 days+ notice/full refund of deposit
30-59 days notice/50% refund of deposit
Less than 30 days notice/no refund of deposit
Because of the remote location we operate in, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation at any time if we feel the safety of camp, our equipment, or our staff might be in jeopardy. If a cancellation is necessary we will make every effort to reschedule your group.
- Your group must have a Certificate of Insurance for $1,000,000 sent to Big Lake Youth Camp by their insurance company. The certificate must name your group as the insured with “Oregon Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and affiliate entities” named as the additional insured (unless you are an Oregon Conference Church group).
- Your group must provide an Oregon licensed doctor and/or nurse or paramedic for the full duration of your stay at camp and send proof of their credentials before arriving.
- If using the lake during our Fall season, certified lifeguards must be present. Your group must provide its own lifeguards. All rental groups must follow all Big Lake Youth Camp aquatic policies.
- Your group will be expected to pay for any damages to the property and equipment beyond normal wear and tear, including graffiti. There is a $100 minimum charge for each incident of graffiti. Damage charges include labor and materials.
- Your group must leave the property, including cabins and rental buildings, in a clean condition.
- None of the following are permitted on the property: pets, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, firearms, dangerous knives, fireworks or explosives.
- Smoking is not permitted in camp.
- Your group must adhere to the guidelines Big Lake Youth Camp has stated above, posted on the grounds, or posted in published material.
- Big Lake Youth Camp is not responsible for personal property damages or car theft/vandalism.