Q: Why would I work at Big Lake?
A: Um, because of its AWESOMENESS. Who doesn’t love being in the middle of the pristine outdoors, hangin’ with positive peers, and frolicking through the wood chips?! But in all seriousness, Big Lake is a great summer job. Many Adventist colleges will even match some or all of your pay. As a staff member at Big Lake Youth Camp you are able to learn life long skills, make life long friends, and create life long memories.
Q: How old do I have to be to work at camp?
A: The general starting age for staff is 17.
Q: What time of year does the hiring process start?
A: Great question!!! We will start accepting employment applications for the 2017 Summer on November 30, 2016. Hiring decisions for summer staff are generally made in March.
In the fall, winter and spring, Big Lake Youth Camp’s facilities are available for rent to the public. If you are interested in a maintenance or guest relations position during our rental season, please contact our office at (503) 850-3583 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: How do I apply to work at Big Lake?
A: There are a number of steps one must take to apply to work at Big Lake Youth Camp
(1) Carefully read through our Job Descriptions.
(2) Please read our Culture and Policies, to make sure Big Lake Youth Camp is the right fit for you.
(3) Complete the appropriate application. If you worked at Big Lake Youth Camp in 2016, please complete the Returning Staff Application. All other applicants, including former Big Lake Youth Camp staff who worked in 2015 or before, please complete the Summer Staff Application.
*Applications for employment during the 2017 summer will be accepted November 30, 2016-February 10, 2017.
(4) All applicants must fill out the Skills and Interests Form.
*Skills and Interests Forms for the 2017 summer will be accepted November 30, 2016-February 10, 2017.
(5) All applicants, except for those who worked at Big Lake Youth Camp in 2016, need to have a Dean/Teacher, Pastor and Work Supervisor each complete a recommendation form – a total of 3 recommendations must be submitted on your behalf. If you worked at Big Lake Youth Camp in 2016, you do not need to have recommendations filled out on your behalf.
Dean/Teacher Recommendation Form
Pastor Recommendation Form
Work Supervisor Recommendation Form
*Recommendation forms will be accepted November 30, 2016-February 15, 2017.
(6) Interviews will occur in January and February. Les Zollbrecht, Director of Big Lake Youth Camp, will be visiting and conducting interviews at a number of schools. Please check with your school’s front office or Chaplain for the interview sign-up sheet. If you do not attend one of these schools, please schedule a phone/Skype interview.
School Interview Dates:
Columbia Adventist Academy: January 6, 2017
Livingston Adventist Academy: January 13, 2017
Milo Adventist Academy: January 24, 2017
Portland Adventist Academy: January 10 & February 2, 2017
Rogue Valley Adventist Academy: January 25, 2017
Southern Adventist University: December 2, 2016
Walla Walla University: January 17-19, 2017