INFO & RATES
Big Lake Youth Camp typically rents facilities to the public mid-September trough October and late December through the first weekend in April, but for our 2021/2022 season, our rentals will open December 27, 2021. Visit our online rental page to check for cancellations. PLEASE NOTE: we do not offer credit card services on our reservation system, so make sure to call our office to pay your deposit with credit card (a service fee will be applied). Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
From December through April, Big Lake Youth Camp provides transportation in and out of camp for rental groups. The fees and options for transportation are as follows:
- NEW: one-way tracked vehicle transport: $11 per person
- Round-trip tracked vehicle transport: $22 per person
- Special request: one-way Sno-cat/tube ride: $15 per person, 20 rider minimum, $300 minimum cost
- Round-trip Sno-cat/tube ride: $30 per person, 20 rider minimum, $600 minimum cost
- One-way individual transport: $18 per person
- Round-trip individual transport: $36 per person
To schedule your group’s transportation into camp, please contact our guest relations coordinator, Erinn von Pohle, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 850-3561 if you haven’t heard from her already within 2 weeks of your stay with us.
Please note, Big Lake Youth camp operates under a special use permit with the Forest Service which requires all vehicles to park at Ray Benson Sno-park. As such, we strongly encourage all our guests to park at Ray Benson and wait for Big Lake vehicle transportation. Please do not drive
In certain snow conditions, Sno-cat transport may not be an option due to safety concerns. If this situation arises, Big Lake will transport the group with the best mode of transportation available for the conditions. The transportation fees do not change if conditions dictate other modes of transportation besides the Sno-Cat.
BLYC does not provide food service, all food and preparation
Reservation Requirements/Payment and Deposit
To confirm your reservation with Big Lake Youth Camp, a deposit equal to one night’s stay, and your signed contract must be returned to the Gladstone office (please do not send payments to our camp address). You can include a check with your returned contract or call our Gladstone office at (503) 850-3583 to pay with a credit card over the phone (a service fee will apply). PLEASE NOTE: we do not offer credit card services on our reservation system. Call our office to pay with credit card (a service fee will apply). Following your stay at Big
Written notice (mail or email) to the Big Lake office will be required to cancel an event.
60 days+ notice/full refund of deposit
30-59 days notice/50% refund of deposit
Less than 30 days notice/no refund of deposit
Because of the remote location we operate in, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation at any time if we feel the safety of
- Your group must have a Certificate of Insurance for $1,000,000 sent to Big Lake Youth Camp by their insurance company. The certificate must name your group as the insured with “Oregon Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and
affiliateentities” named as the additional insured (unless you are an Oregon Conference Church group).
- Your group must provide an Oregon licensed doctor and/or nurse or paramedic for the full duration of your stay at camp and send proof of their credentials before arriving.
- If using the lake during our Fall season, certified lifeguards must be present. Your group must provide its own lifeguards. All rental groups must follow all Big Lake Youth Camp aquatic policies.
- Your group will be expected to pay for any damages to the property and equipment beyond normal wear and tear, including graffiti. There is a $100 minimum charge for each incident of graffiti. Damage charges include labor and materials.
- Your group must leave the property, including cabins and rental buildings, in a clean condition.
- None of the following are permitted on the property: pets, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, firearms, dangerous knives, fireworks or explosives.
- Smoking is not permitted in camp.
- Your group must adhere to the guidelines Big Lake Youth Camp has stated above, posted on the grounds, or posted in published material.
- Big Lake Youth Camp is not responsible for personal property damages or car theft/vandalism.
Primary Building Fees – updated 8/30/21
Lodge – $700/night (sleeps 40)
Headquarters – $600/night for floors 2 & 3 (sleeps 22)
Hillside – $275/night (sleeps 20)
Additional Building Fees – updated 8/30/21
Rippling Water Apartments 1 & 2 – $125/night each (sleeps 4)
Rustic Cabins – $85/night (
New Cabins – $100/night (sleep 14)
Transportation Fees – updated 8/30/21
NEW: One-way tracked vehicle transport: $11 per person
Round-trip tracked vehicle transport: $22 per person
Special request: One-way Sno-cat/Tube ride: $15 per person, 20 rider minimum, $300 minimum cost
Round-trip Sno-cat/Tube ride: $30 per person, 20 rider minimum, $600 minimum cost
One-way individual tranpsortation: $18 per person
Round-trip individual transportation: $36 per person
Misc. Rental Options
Sound system (speakers, tape deck, CD, 3 microphones) – $100/weekend
TV/VCR/DVD player – $25/weekend
Electronic Piano – $25/weekend
Projector – $50/weekend
Cross Country Skis – $15/set per day
Snowshoes – $3/hour, $15/day
Inner tubes – $5/tube per day
26435 Big Lake Rd.
Sisters, OR 97759
19800 Oatfield Rd.
Gladstone, Oregon 97027
Copyright © Big Lake Youth Camp 2021 All Rights Reserved